Owner and Chef for Pi Pizza HTX, Anthony Calleo, came on Chefs Coast to Coast to chat about his transition from Pi Pizza's Food Truck to their first (almost open) Brick & Mortar location. He shares his recipe for success and a few lessons he's learned along the way that can be applied to any endeavor.
How to Prep Your Oven for the Perfect at Home Pizza:
- Get a pizza stone or use a cast iron skillet to place your pizza on
- Get two masonry bricks and place them in the bottom of your oven
- Set your oven to 500 degrees and let it heat for 2 to 2 1/2 hours
- Set your oven to broil and leave it on broil for about 10 - 15 minutes
- Put corn meal down on your pizza peel
- Stretch out your dough, top your pizza and transfer it from the pizza peel to the pizza stone in the oven as quickly as possible
- Cook for 12 minutes
Connect with Pi Pizza HTX on Facebook as Pi Pizza HTX, Twitter as @PiPizzaHTX or Instagram as @PiPizzaHTX.
Never miss an episode! Subscribe on iTunes! Hear more episodes of Chefs Coast to Coast by visiting bit.ly/ChefsC2C!